Friday, June 12, 2015

Entry #9 - Building Tristar's Panzer IV Ausf. C

The work on the turret continues.  I placed the front section on the turret by gluing the two sides and bottom.  When dry fitting the piece I noticed there is a decent size gap on the top side.  Instead of sanding the surface flush, I decided to take advantage of the issue.  There is weld bead that runs across this area.   


I placed a piece of plastic rod into the gap, glued it down and scrapped it flat.  I then used my trusty hobby knife to punch random marks along the bead.  After I was happy with the look I used a light coating of cement glue to slightly melt the area to give it more of that welded look.  


When I placed the front section I am not 100% sure I did it correctly.  The front plate on my model sat a bit lower that it should as the angles did not line up.  Make sure the angle on the front plate matches the angle of the side armor (see green arrow below).  I had to sand the side of the front plate to match this angle.  Live and learn. 




No comments:

Post a Comment