Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Entry #10 - Building Tristar's Panzer IV Ausf. C

The turret is D.O.N.E.  Yeah!  But it did not go down without a fight.  

Tristar what the hell?  The armor strip that goes beneath the cupola is molded straight and the instructions direct you to "bends it carefully".  Sounds like Gollum wrote these instructions.  Anyway, below is about as far as I got it to bend without breaking it.  

Plan B.  I glued one end into the slot, a very small portion, allowed it to dry and glued another portion slowly bending as I went along. 


Below is the result.  I only had one minor tiny fracture in the middle.  Not sure why Tristar didn't mold this piece with a bend like they did with the Ausf. D version. 


Lastly, I finished up the turret by adding all of the fiddley bits and drilling holes as indicated below.  Damn glad to actually finish something on this tank. 


No comments:

Post a Comment