Sunday, July 13, 2008

Friday Night Bench Report - 07/10/2008



Hey all - late this week. Just got done watching Generation Kill on HBO. It is a seven-part mini-series based on the book by Evan Wright. Anyway, the first part was great and recommend to all.

Spent most of the week working on / repairing my BF-109. Glued the antenna on for the third time and replaced the pitot tube for the one I snapped off early on. Wiped the model to get rid of the decal residue and sprayed a coating of Future. I plan to flat coat the plane this week and start weathering.

Spent most of the week working on / modifying my Luna Pawn. It is nice to work on something that you let your imagination take over. I started painting the face. I am following instructions in a book - How to Paint Realistic Military Figures by Lynn Kessler and Don Winar. The first picture is the base coat - Model Master Acryl Flesh.



I decided to use oils for the first time. You start with dark colors in the recesses and light colors in the highlight areas then blend as you go along. Once I got the hang of it I really like using oils but the dry time sucks. But I am slow so it works out for me.



Below are some additions I making on the model - mini-gun (think Jessa Ventura in Predator), bolts and camera/light on the helmet (you might recognize this from a 1/72 P-47).



Lastly, as always, several steps forward and on back. After glued and sanded the leg part, I noticed that I used the wrong joint and had to tear it open. It left a huge gap that I had to fill and will sand later.



 

1 comment:

  1. That pilot head looks fantastic! I\'m very jealous...

    ReplyDelete