Friday, July 4, 2008

Friday Night Bench Report 07/14/2008

Happy 4th - just got back Fireworks display with the family.
Now that I got my uploading issues worked out - computers just piss me off some days.

I made some progress on my Hase BF109 F-2. The decals were added and I managed to snap off the antenna for the second (I swear, every plane I build I knock the antenna off at least once).

Also, worked on the Panther A - finished putting on resin Zimmerit coating and started to put the main body together.

Started a new project - a Wave 1/20 Luna Pawn. Most of what you see here was done in about a day. Pretty easy to put together. Only trouble is the rubber joints and trying to remove the seams. I eventually started heating my X-Acto blade and gently scrapping the seam - this also melts the rubber. Works OK and luckily mostly will be hidden. I plan to add alot of additional details. For example, I did not like the tube running from the knee to his back pack so I filled it with round stock. I also plan to replace the laser gun with a mini-gun.

Lastly, is also a new project. This is a Revell 1940 Ford Coupe. Started on the frame and the engine. My plan is try to keep it stock but add some details, such as, spark plug wires, linkage, etc. First car model that I tried to build in about 20 years - thought it would be a nice change of pace.


No comments:

Post a Comment