Thursday, June 4, 2015

Entry #7 - Building Tristar's Panzer IV Ausf. C

"We Interrupt the Regularly Scheduled Program to Bring You this Important Message" 

I really hate myself and glutton for punishment.  I am going "try" new things and to "push" my modeling experience.  I have decided to experiment with installing photo-etch fenders.  I have worked with PE in the past but never to this extent.  Since I have multiple kits, what the hell.  Plus, the fenders on the Tristar kit are not all that good anyway.  Also, if I mess up, then I will have a fall back model or two to use.  This will definitely slow me down and I really SUCK at soldering.

I have chosen Voyager's PE set for the Pz.kPfw. IV Ausf C Fenders (#PE35087).  I made past step 1 and got the frame bent into shape.  It is a bit warped but I am hoping once the supports and top portions are added that it will straighten everything out.  Now on to soldering (he shudders with fear and trepidation).....


No comments:

Post a Comment