Thursday, April 10, 2008

Friday Bench Report - 04/11/2008

First up is "Big Ugly", the Trumpeter "Big Turret" KV-2. Started it last Sunday and got alot done. There is much flash on almost every part and the seam scraping is endless. I always liked the looks of the KV-2 - almost looks like a tank you would see in a sci-fi movie. Surely has to be highest profile tank in WWII.

I am also working on a Dragon Panther A late. This is an experiment tank. I bought an aftermarket resin Zimmerit kit to apply. So far it has worked out real well and I am happy with the results. Some of the castings were poor and I have to fixed it using Milliput.

Lastly, is a project that I have been working on and off since September 07. It will be a Bf109 F-4 painted in a Sahara JG27 scheme. Was not real crazy about the fit of the hood - had to plastic card to get it to fit correctly.



1 comment:

  1. This is funny... I just ordered a 1/72 Trumpeter KV-2 on Saturday. If you want to see the sci-fi version of the KV-2, check this link out. He\'s making a resin kit out of it, and yes--I\'ve got one on pre-order.

    ReplyDelete