Monday, August 31, 2015

Entry #29 - Building Tristar's Panzer IV Ausf. C

Work on the fender continues.  For some reason Voyager did not include posts for the fender spring.  However, there was a hole in the front part of the fender (see green arrow).  This is supposed to be where the clip is to installed, but I decided to use it for the spring.  I had to cut some brass round rod and solder them in place.  I had to drill a hole for the lower post.  I then used some thin wire for the spring.  (Note, the front post should actually be sitting a bit higher on fender) 

The clip was then glued in below the post.  The front portion of the fender was glued to main fender and then the hinges were installed.  Additional rivets were installed.     


I decided to start adding the details to the fender, first up is the headlights.  I used the old fender as a guide for placement of the headlight and bracket.  The headlight wire was replaced with brass rod round. 



No comments:

Post a Comment