Monday, August 24, 2015

Entry #27 - Building Tristar's Panzer IV Ausf. C

The rework on the fenders continues.  On the bright side, I am doing some additional work that is easier with the fenders off. 

Anyway, one issue that has been bugging me for sometime is the detail on the side of gun mantlet.  I initially just added some Archer Fine Transfers weld beads but was never really happy with the way it looked.  I have debated different ways to fix the issue but have never come up a viable solution until now.



Below is a good example of how it supposed to look. 


I had ordered Voyager's update set (PE 35086) mainly for the tool clamps that will be needed.  While looking at instructions I noticed that they included the a PE piece for the gun manlet. Problem solved.  Below is how it looks with the kit's weld bead.  Looks nice but I was not completely happy with how the PE part sits a bit higher than the weld bead.  So I decided to rework the area. 


I scrapped off the kit detail, glued the PE part in place and then added a plastic rod weld bead that rides along the edge.  I think this looks so much better than what I originally had done.  


No comments:

Post a Comment