Monday, August 3, 2015

Entry #24 - Building Tristar's Panzer IV Ausf. C

Today I decided to fix something that has been bugging me on this kit.  Also, I really need to remember to file this under a job better performed before installing on the tank.  

This second major molding issue with the Tristar kit is that one of the fins on the exhaust vane is molded with an indention (by the way, first molding issue was the lip on the front plate).  This is easily fixed with styrene, but since I have multiple kits I decided to cut a good vane to replace the bad one.  Kinda like being a Dentist? 

I carefully cut out the bad vane and sanded the sides down smooth.


The replacement vein was sanded to size and inserted.  Ahhh, looks much better.  Again, should have done this when the part was loose, but I sure like to do things the hard way. 


I also decided to add a tweak.  In looking a pictures of the turret I noticed there is a small plate that sits below the mantlet. 


No comments:

Post a Comment